- 500g uncooked Beetroot
- 500g Fresh Parmesan
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt flakes
- Freshly ground Black Pepper
- Make a fire with medium heat. While waiting for the coals to be ready, wash the beetroot thoroughly. No need to peel them.
- Add your chosen wood chunks for smoking and place the Beetroot on indirect heat at about 120 degrees Celsius.
Pro Tip: I like to use a heavier wood to ensure I get the smoky flavour we are after. A good rule of thumb is that wood used to smoke beef work well with Beetroot too.
- The Beetroot is done when the skin comes loose and you can easily pull it off with your hands (60-90 mins depending on the size of the beetroots.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool down to room temperature
Pro Tip: You can do the beetroot the day before or in the morning to save time on the day.
- Once cold, slice the Beetroot very thin and arrange on a plate. Add Parmesan shavings and Rocket. Dress with Olive Oil, salt and pepper.