Braai'd Banana with Cointreau Liqueur, Chocolate Sauce and Pistachio Ice Cream
- 1 Large Banana per person
- 25ml Cointreau Liquor per Banana
- Chocolate Sauce
- Pistachio Ice cream
- Make a medium fire.
- Place the Bananas whole and unpeeled indirectly on the fire.
Pro Tip: The slower the Bananas braai, the longer they will retain their colour.
- When the Bananas are soft and warm through-out, place them on direct heat, lie them on their “backs” and make a long slice in the middle of the Banana. Push in from the sides to create a boat shape and fill with a shot of Cointreau.
- The alcohol should catch fire – let it burn out and then let the Cointreau warm through.
- Place on a plate, dish up the ice cream and sprinkle with chocolate sauce.