with Cherry Tomato and Ginger Jam
Tomato Ginger Jam
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 450g Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp Xylitol
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Ginger (freshly grated)
- Sea salt and Black Pepper
- Make a medium fire.
- Melt the Coconut oil in a saucepan and then add the rest of the ingredients. Stir just enough to coat the Tomatoes with the spices. Simmer, without stirring, for 7 – 10 minutes) or until the tomatoes start to ooze.
Pro Tip: DO NOT STIR! The whole tomatoes look and taste awesome.
- Reduce the heat and gently simmer until the syrup reduces to a thicker and darker color.
- Remove from the heat and place a lid on top to retain the heat. Once it has reached room temperature it can be bottled and kept in the refrigerator.
- Finally use as garnish on the Fried Camembert & Mushroom.